The easiest way I have found to run OpenSSL on Windows is to download and install Cygwin and select OpenSSL during installation.
- Go to the Cygwin Website and download the cygwin installer (Use the ‘Install Cygwin now’ link in the top right corner).
- Double click the downloaded installer and click next until you reach the following (package selection) screen:
- Open the ‘Net’ Section
- Select the ‘OpenSSL’ package:
- Continue through to the end of the installer.
- Now run cygwin by double clicking the shortcut (you will get a terminal).
- Type in ‘openssl’ and press enter. If you get the help info for openssl then you have installed it correctly.